Time left to The Long Walk 2018:
The Long Walk is the annual coast-to-coast charity hike across the beautiful, sub-tropical island of Gran Canaria.
We raise funds for our local causes and charitable organisations on the island, helping those we can to overcome challenges.
The event itself also provides unparalleled opportunities for team building, personal development and direct community action while negotiating a great sub-tropical wilderness in a safe and motivating environment.
Sometimes we are all faced with a mountain ahead of us, and challenge to be overcome. This walk simply demonstrates that together we can all cross mountains, one step at a time.
Individuals and local businesses join us for some or all of the walk, spearheaded by founding participants TUI Travel, The Canary News, Love Gran Canaria, Afrikat Gran Canaria, Blue Explorers Dive Centre, 45photos, Ary Traduciones and many others who have joined us along the way like Music Hall Tavern, Spirit of The Sea, Sparkles Showbar, Personal Trainer Lilly Rikhter, The Pub and The English Bakery. This is much more than hiking!
This year´s event is planned for September 28 - 30 2018. The entire route will take us from the Telde coast, over the highest peak and down to Puerto Rico de Gran Canaria where this initiative all began.
- Create a fundraiser or make a direct donation
- Join us on the last mile for "The Little Walk" between Puerto Rico de Gran Canaria and Amadores
- Join us for the whole of the third day from Chira/Soria - Puerto Rico
- Join us on the second day from Tenteniguada to Chira over the highest point on the island
- Join us on the first day from the ancient city of Telde climbing to 1000m above sea level
- Or for those who really feel they can do more - Become a Long Walker - and walk 3 days, coast-to-coast over Gran Canaria